Salary: up to £40kPA, Full time
Thanks to continuing strong growth and recent diversification, PIP Chemicals Limited is seeking to add to its team with an Operations Manager.
PIP Chemicals Limited is a chemical manufacturing company, supplying cleaning, care and protection products, primarily to the auto industry. We provide a large range of specialist and non-specialist products, manufactured in-house and we pride ourselves on being able to offer technically superior solutions, compared to our competitors. Whilst modest in scale, our operation is very advanced for its size. We adopted SAP, at an early stage, and are continuously integrating facets of the business, with this ERP system. Our website is directly integrated, allowing us to quickly introduce new products to the market. Our safety data authoring software is integrated, allowing fast generation of safety data which is – by extension – quickly available on the website. We are presently focusing on warehouse management software, something we consider crucial to continue our efforts to be head and shoulders above our competitors.
The main purpose of this role is to manage the complete manufacturing operation. The individual will work closely with the general manager to ensure timely fulfilment or orders, safe and expedient operation and continuous improvement. It is envisaged that the individual will quickly be able to oversee all elements of the manufacturing process and the related facility, striving to make improvements through enhancement and extension of existing processes as well as making a significant contribution to the continued technological development within the company.
- Manage the complete order fulfilment process, from receipt of order, generation of works order, completion of works orders and despatch
- Manage production and technical staff, ensuring optimal efficiency
- Ensure that all elements of the facility are optimal to maximise output and quality
- Ensure that necessary training and systems are in place to ensure that staff are best equipped to complete their respective roles
- Ensure that health and safety systems, risk assessments and any related matters are maintained and tracible
- Operate proactively, identifying area where improvements are required, develop associated plans and implement
Suitable candidates will have experience of batch manufacturing although this need not be directly related to industrial chemical manufacture. Candidates will need to be hands-on and have a ‘can-do’ mentality – not only identifying problems, but ensuring that solutions are quickly found and actioned. The role will be highly varied and will have significant scope to define the direction of the operation, working closely with the General Manager and Managing Director.
- Degree, or comparable, in an area relevant to the post
- 5 or more years experience in a management role
- 3 or more years’ experience of batch manufacturing, in an industrial environment
- General Health & Safety Qualification (NEBOSH or equivalent) with extensive experience of maintaining H&S systems
- Training in lean manufacturing, or equivalent and experience of implementation
- Forklift Training and qualification
- Extensive experience of industrial equipment, including use and maintenance practices
- English GCSE (or equivalent)
Desirable (non-essential) skills/education:
- GCSE Chemistry (or higher)
- Experience working in a chemical manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with SAP Business One and Warehouse Management Systems
- Experience with chemical classification software
Full training will be provided to ensure that the individual is able to carry out the role to the best of their abilities. A budget is available for ongoing training which will be driven by the chosen candidate.
It is critical that the individual has a current work permit or is otherwise eligible to work in the UK.
Our business relies on the people running it and we consider it critical that our new team members are not only suited to their roles but are happy and excited to help us be the best we can be and to grow, as the company grows around them.
For more info, get in touch.back to blog